Responsible for implementing, administering, and coordinating all Company safety policies and programs including safety training for the locations, departments, and projects within their assigned geographical area. Ensure compliance with all federal and state OSHA standards and regulations. Analyze, evaluate, and address workplace hazards and accidents.
- Develop and oversee all Company Safety Programs, Policies and Procedures, including job-specific safety plans; Review frequently to ensure that all project safety requirements are met or exceeded.
- Know, understand and fully support all Company Safety Policies, Procedures and Programs.
- Work with departmental management to ensure implementation and compliance with all Company Safety Policies, Procedures and Programs on all projects and jobsites.
- Advise senior management of safety issues and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal health and environmental regulations.
- Work with current and potential clients.
- Schedule and perform jobsite safety audits and inspections for projects to determine compliance with all Company Safety Policies, Procedures and Programs and with local, state, and federal safety standards.
- Investigate all safety incidents and develop action plans to correct any noncompliance issues and plans to prevent similar incidents in the future. Work with operations and management for implementation.
- Deliver Safety training/presentations, including OSHA 10, 30, new employee orientation and other safety training as needed and/or required by Altimate Electric OSHA, local, state, federal and jobsite safety standards.
- Deliver and coordinate safety training for management and field personnel in accident prevention techniques, compliance with Company Safety Policies, Procedures and Programs and local, state, and federal standards.
- Prepare written reports and summaries for Company safety performance to provide concise, meaningful information regarding safety audits, investigations and issues, as needed.
- Supervise and manage field safety personnel on any project.
- Issue safety warnings to personnel not in compliance with our safety policy. Stop any unsafe act(s).
- Establish and maintain all required job safety records.
- Conduct and coordinate root cause investigations on recordable incidents, near misses and vehicle incidents.
- Utilize the root cause analysis to help operations identify and implement corrective actions to help prevent future reoccurrence of similar incidents.
- Create in-house training lessons utilizing the root cause analysis and identified corrective actions learned from investigations to prevent reoccurrence of similar incidents.
- Support the Company Claims Manager to assure claims handling procedures are implemented and in compliance with the Company Claims Management policy and procedures.
- Participate in quarterly claims review with regards to open claims.
- Facilitate the process of obtaining MVA reports on all Company drivers as required by the Company Fleet Safety Program.
- Provide Company fleet safety training to all drivers.
- Participate in and take the lead in any OSHA inspection process as defined in the Company Safety Manual.
- Work with HR Department to enforce COVID-19 safety requirements in the field, ensure all jobs have the proper COVID-19 safety tools on site, keeping protocols up to date and provide any necessary COVID-19 Safety Training.
- Current OSHA 500 & 511 (preferred)
- Authorized OSHA OTI 500 Construction Outreach Trainer and status is current.
- Complete understanding of OSHA 29 CFR 1910 & 1926
- Construction Health and Safety Technician Certification (preferred)
- Current First Aid/CPR Instructor Certification
- Minimum 5 years of experience in construction industry safety with exposure to workers’ compensation systems required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety and Health or equivalent. 5-8 years’ experience administering a safety program may be substituted.
- Communicate effectively in English (oral, verbal, and written) with management and field level employees. English/Spanish bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Possess strong computer skills, including, but not limited to MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with, teach and mentor members of management and at the field level.
- Maintain driving qualifications as required in the Company Fleet Safety Program.
- Knowledgeable in claims management procedures and workers’ comp laws applicable for their geographical areas of operation.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Job requires working indoors and outdoors in all elements, depending on job location, heat, cold, rain, or snow and environmental conditions that present exposure to many odors, fumes, materials, substances, and particulate matter over which the company has no control and often no forewarning of existence unless they are considered hazardous materials; may include exposure to loud and/or repetitive noises.
- Additional typical potential hazards to employees may exist that the company strives to protect such as: working from heights, in compact spaces, working both indoors and outdoors.
- This position works with energized circuits or in/with energized equipment.
- Travel to all jobsites on a regular basis.
Physical & Mental Requirements
- Standing, walking, driving, and speaking for long periods of time.
- Ability to access construction areas from street level to all levels of the project structure, even when only access is by OSHA approved ladder or stairs still under construction.