ASSP Roll-Out Information
This past August, ASSE members made the historic decision to change the organization’s name from the American Society of Safety Engineers to the American Society of Safety Professionals.
As leaders of ASSE chapters, you will play a key role in this exciting change by helping members and your chapter get ready.
This page contains important updates and resources to help you in this process. Additional information will be added in the coming months, so please check back often.
ASSP Legal Filings Roll-Out for Chapters
Per the Chapter Affiliation Agreement, chapters are required to utilize the organizational name and logo in accordance with policy and guidelines. ASSE members voted to change Society bylaws to reflect the new name. As separately incorporated entities, chapters need to hold a separate chapter member vote to change the name in chapter governing documents and government filings, as well.
Learn more about the steps in this process and the support that Society is providing to chapters:
ASSP Communications Roll-Out for Chapters
Together we have the opportunity to set the tone for the face of our organization, focused on the Professional, and setting the bar for education, standards development, advocacy and our professional community. Please start applying the templates to your Chapter documents now in preparation for launch in June 2018.
Learn more about the steps in this process and templates available to you now through the ASSP brand launch in June 2018. View the recording of a webinar conducted in November outlining the process. You can also download the presentation slides and FAQ.
ASSP Communities Marketing Kit
The Communities Marketing Kit was developed to set you up for success in implementing the ASSP brand. You can start apply the templates to your chapter documents now in preparation fo ruse starting in June.
Download your community’s logo, brand guidelines and marketing collateral here.
ASSP Technical Tool Kit
View the webinar recording or download the FAQ for an overview of enhancements to the chapters’ technical tool kit in preparation for the ASSP launch, including details on chapter website migration and theme options, chapter emails accounts, and social media guidance.
ASSP Roll Out for Student Sections
View the webinar recording for an overview of community brand guidelines and logos, ASSP tools and templates, tools for social media transitions, and the timeline for the ASSP roll out for student sections.
Resources & Guidance Documents
ASSP Roll-Out Timeline for Chapters
- November 2017: Chapter bylaws revisions begin & communications toolkit available
- December 2017: Custom logo development begins
- January 2018: Chapter bylaws member voting period begins
- February 2018: Chapter bylaws member voting period & selection of new chapter website template
- March 2018: Order chapter jump sign or table drape
- April 2018: Sign updated agreements with ASSE & chapter website development begins
- May 2018: Chapter website development begins & email templates available for review in Real Magnet
- June 2018 – ASSP Launch!: Chapter websites launch & update name with financial insitutions, social media accounts, etc.
- July 2018: Continue name changes with external partners
- August 2018: Change name with federal tax filings