To post job vacancies, please email the following information to Wyatt Bradbury, ARVP – Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position Being Sought
- Education Requirements
- Employment Background
- Salary Range
- Instructions on How to Contact
- Date Positions Closes
Please note: The following positions are listed with Region VI of the American Society of Safety Professionals as a courtesy to its members. The Region does not necessarily endorse the employers listed nor warrant the suitability of a specified position for a member.
Education Minimum Requirement:
• BS Degree or higher in a Science or Engineering discipline Required Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in safety, industrial hygiene and/or environmental areas.
• Knowledge of computers as a tool to perform the job.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Must be knowledgeable of Federal and State OSHA, EPA, and EHS laws and regulations.
• Possess analytical and logical problem solving abilities.
• Ability to prioritize, focus on and obtain business results.
• Flexibility to perform various tasks to support the business.
• Ability to lift and move up to 40 lbs. Preferred Experience and Skills: CSP or CIH or CHMM Certification
The Contract Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist or Senior Specialist will provide technical environment, safety, and industrial hygiene support to site management and employees, including biotech Manufacturing, R&D, Distribution, Engineering, Quality, Maintenance and Administration. The successful candidate will be a proactive leader to implement best practices and ensure compliance with applicable EHS local, state, federal and company regulations, policies, permits, and work practices.
If interested, please send resumes to Mr. Jose Centeno, Director EHS at Merck & Co., Inc.
Jose Centeno, MEM, CSP
Merck & Co., Inc.
Maurice R. Hilleman Center of Vaccine Manufacturing, Durham, NC
The HSE Specialist will be the Health & Safety expert for the implementation, maintenance, coordination & monitoring of HS Management Systems and will report directly to the Local HSE Manager. This role will participate in development and maintenance, statutory compliance, and industrial good practice in health and safety, including procedures, processes, and training to promote safe working practices and to protect the company’s interest. The primary goal of the HSE Specialist is to support activities to raise the safety awareness of all the organizations departments to a higher level and follows the company’s key strategies.Read MOre