The ASSP Regional SPY award is an honor acknowledging the dedication and outstanding contributions of a member to a specific Region. Criteria in which a candidate is judged include:
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the broad field of safety and a thorough knowledge of the operational aspects of his/her nominee’s safety employment.
- Demonstrated outstanding contributions to the Society, Council, Region, or Membership Community activities, including committee or task force chair, officer, services to members, lecturer at seminars, etc.
- Professional contributions to advance the Safety Profession, such as fostering professional development, public/community services, instructor at educational institutions, involvement in codes and legislation, articles written, work with allied groups, etc.
- Awards and innovations, including citations, honors, plaques; or new procedures or systems developed.
- Leadership in establishment, maintenance, and improvement of technical or Society programs in the organization nominee serves or elsewhere.
- Other personal achievements related to safety and health.
- Endorsements by superiors and verification by associates, in the form of letters on appropriate stationery of the employer, Membership Community, or Council.
You can download the package for the Regional SPY Application process by clicking here.
You can download the package for the Chapter SPY Application process by clicking here.
The Deadline to submit a completed package to be considered for Regional SPY recognition is February 1st of each year.
Packages should be emailed to Member & Chapter Affairs Committee: email@example.com
Awards can be ordered by logging into ASSP member account > Community Leader Resources > Chapter > Chapter Management > Chapter Forms > Order SPY Statute
Jack Sullivan, CSP, CFPS
Matthew Wilcox, CSP
Christopher S. Hinson, MA, CIH, CSP, CHMM
Daniel Ashworth, PhD, CSP, CFEI, CFPS
Jorge Otalora, CHST
Arlene Edwards, CSP
Julian Mercer, MS, CSP, CRSP, ASP, CSHM
Elizabeth Barnette, ASP, SMS
David Wenzel, CSP, OHST
Adele Abrams, JD, CMSP
Frank Cruice, MS, CSP, CHCM, CRSP
Ashok Garlapati, CSP, CFIOSH, QEP
Ujwal Ritwik, CRSP, QEP
Michael A. McCullion, CSP, ARM
Eva C. Mann, CSP
Herbert C. Maher
Emory E. Knowles, CSP, CIH
David G. Mazary, CSP, CHMM, CRMP
Wilma L. Magyar
Maryellen P. Harper, MS, CSP, ARM
Diana Stegall, CSP, CFPS, ARM, CPCU
John W. Mewborn, CSHM
G. Dwight Blankenbaker
Everett Lallis Jr.